Sunday, January 11, 2009

Noah Baby?



Noah turned 2 on the 28th of December, and with his birthday came much joy, and some sorrow. It has been such a pleasure and a joy watching my son grow into a toddler, but with it comes some sadness. As Jonathan and I sang Happy Birthday to our little man, and he scarfed down his pumpkin pie it hit me he will never be a baby again. All the cloths that I have put up in the attic that he has outgrown are done, they will never be his again.

I so miss having a little baby to cuddle. While I love my little man, there is something that the cuddles of a baby just do to you. Noah, is anything but a cuddler. His definition of snuggles is a quick lay of his head on your shoulder and a quick pat on the back. While this is just absolutely precious, I miss the baby who sat in my lap for hours.

Well, this week, the Lord has answered my prayer of wanting to cuddle:) The last three days with Noah have been a cuddling festival. He has been waking up several hours after going down at night and just wanting to sit and cuddle. Last night was by far the most amazing. Something was definitely bothering him. We still aren't sure what, but at 9:00pm, after he had been crying every half hour, I went in to get him. I brought him into our bed, and he laid with Jonathan and I cuddling for 45 minutes, completely content. I was so tempted to just leave him there...but alas I returned him to his bed.

I couldn't help but think after getting back into bed how good the Lord was. While it seems silly to be praising him for a restless child, it was exactly what my soul needed:)

No comments: