Thursday, July 3, 2008

Assuming the Worst

I have found lately that I am always quick to assume the worst in the situation. Whether it be my husband asking me to get ready for bed, or the Lord giving us a circumstance that doesn't quite make sense. I always assume that it is because I have sinned, or we have sinned in some way and now we are being punished until we see the error of our ways. How messed up is that? I so often forget that, in the case of the Lord especially, that he isn't seeking the worst for us. My husband is just asking me to get ready for bed. He isn't telling me that I am taking forever, or that I just need to hurry up. He is just kindly reminding me that I take longer than him, and I need to get a head start on him if we are going to be in bed at the same time.

Assuming the worst in someone, is ultimately not trusting them I suppose. I don't trust that my husband is telling me something in love, rather than frustration, or that the Lord is giving us a blessing to see him or understand him more clearly, rather than a cursing and a sign to repent. My lack of trust, really does hinder my ability to love and not judge. After all, assuming the worst, is judging the circumstance I suppose.

No comments: